3U OpenVPX PWM Servo Motor Drive
The 68PW1 is a 3U OpenVPX single-axis PWM servo motor drive that can be configured with closed loop feedback measurement options including Hall, Resolver/Synchro or Encoder. The PWM drive provides programmable PWM output drive (up to 65 V @ 10 A continuous) from a single +28 VDC input source. Ideally suited for rugged Mil-Aero applications, the 68PW1 delivers off-the-shelf solutions that accelerate deployment of SWaP-optimized systems in air, land and sea applications.
- 3U OpenVPX (ANSI/VITA 65) / Profiles Supported: MOD3-PAY-2U2U-16.2.16-1, SLT3-PAY-2U2U-14.2.17, Data plane: 1 x1 PCIe (default) Control plane: 1x 1000Base-KX, P1 VPX TE MULTIGIG RT 3
- PWM/Drive: Motor types supported - 2-phase brushed 3-phase brushless (BLDC), 28 Vin (nominal) drive power, MIL-STD-704F (18-50 VDC) 24V to 65V programmable PWM output drive, 10 A maximum (to 650 W max.), Discrete drive-enable control pins, P2/P3 TE high-current blade connectors
- Ancillary I/O: 4x ±10V A/D, 12-bit min. (16-bit avail.), 4x ±10V D/A, 12-bit min. (16-bit avail.), 1x RS-422/485 SDLC control option, 1x RS-232 (console/debug, front I/O), 1x GbE (10/100BASE-T), (control or maintenance, front I/O)
- Feedback/Control Options: Hall, Resolver/Synchro + AC Reference, Encoder
- IPMC Support: VITA 46.11 Tier-2, basic, compatible (configured option)
- Power Input: +12V, ±12V AUX, +3.3V AUX, ~10 W power dissipation (est./typ.), ~96% efficient PWM Drive
- Operating Systems (host supported): Xilinx PetaLinux
- Background Built-In-Test Continuous BIT (as applicable)
- Modular & Programmable Architecture
- Intelligent I/O library support (included)
- Commercial or Rugged Applications
- Operating Temperature: Rugged: -40º C to 85º C
- Mechanical (ANSI/VITA 48): Conduction-cooled; 3U, 1.0" pitch, Weight: ~1.95 lbs.
PWM Function Specifications
|PWM Amplifier Specifications||(Single channel, unless otherwise specified)(after a 5 second warm-up period)|
(Amplifier switching supply)
| 65 VDC ±5% maximum programmable, internally supplied
Standard: Brushed Motor interface or Brushless (BLDC) (pending)
| Resolution/Loop Update
|12-bit (monotonic over temperature) / @ 115 kHz|
|Output|| 325 W continuous, 550 W peak
Short circuit protected. Thermal protection determines duration of peak current drive.
|Bandwidth||800 Hz (minimum) open loop minimum in current mode w/ user programmable loop control variables.|
|Efficiency||96% (minimum, at 65 VDC / 5A)|
|Quiescent Power|| +12VDC at 900 mA under no load conditions
+12VAUX at 45 mA
-12VAUX at 45 mA
+3.3VAUX at 350 mA
NOTE: +5V NOT required.
|Master Drive Enable|| A discrete input (normally open), opto-isolated from the motor supply, must receive a switch closure to permit operation (and
cannot be overwritten).
| Shutdown Conditions
(@ 65 VDC nom.)
|RS-422 time-out, PWM card time-out (software watchdog), Drive Fault (bias loss), Over-Temperature condition (110°C) at internal PS, Internal H-Bridge fault.|
|Output Filtering||LC Flter added to all motor drive signals (EMI mitigation).|
|Input Current Limit / Soft-Start||8A (input current)|
|Over-current Protection||Solid state circuit breaker 'detect and protect' - >8.5 A @ 9 ms (output current)|
| Ancillary I/O
|A/D|| 2-Ch. ±10V, 12-bit (minimum) 16-bit (available) resolution, ±0.25% linearity FSR
(1-Ch. [parallel] available on front debug/maintenance connector)
|D/A|| 4-Ch. ±10V, 12-bit (minimum) 16-bit (available) resolution, ±0.25% linearity FSR
(2-Ch. available on front debug/maintenance connector)
|1-Ch. programmable, up to 1.5 Mbps asynchronous or 10 Mbps synchronous (SDLC)|
| Ethernet, Command and
| 1-Port 1000BASE-KX provided on rear VPX connectors
1-Port 10/100BASE-T provided on front debug/maintenance connector
|RS-232 Serial Debug/Console||1-Ch. RS-232, debug/console provided on front debug/maintenance connector|
|Feedback, Outer-Loop||1-Ch. Hall, Resolver/Synchro or Encoder (configured options, contact factory)|
|IPMC||VITA 46.11 Tier-2 basic, compatible (configured options, contact factory)|
|Connectors|| Rear: TE CONNECTIVITY; P0: 2102772-1 (RT2-R,), P1: 2302785-1 (RT 3), P2: 1-1410271-1, P3: 1410279-7
Front Maintenance: mini-HDMI C-type receptacle
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center