Enhanced 16 Discrete/Switch I/O Channels (±80 V, 625 mA/Ch.)
The DT5 module (the enhanced version) features 16 independent, isolated, programmable channels that can be used for input voltage measurements (±80 V), or as a bi-directional current switch (up to 500 mA per channel). When programmed as a switch with the switch closed, both the current through the switch and the voltage across the switch can be monitored. These modules include diode clamping on each channel. Clamping is useful for inductive loads, such as relays and short circuit protection. Additional features of the DT5 (Enhanced Version) are listed below.
- 16 channels available as inputs or outputs
- Programmable for Input voltage or switch closure for each channel
- Continuous background built-in-test (BIT) (during normal operation, status provided for channel health and operation feedback)
- In bidirectional current switch mode, enhanced features can be used to trigger switch opening or closure using pulse width, number of pulses or pattern generation
- Ability to read switch I/O voltage and current
- Ability to handle switch closure currents of up to 625 mA DC
- Automatic switch overcurrent protection, programmable to 625 mA max
- Open Circuit Detection
- Supports ‘dual turn-on’ (series channel output) applications (e.g. dual series ‘key’ missile launch control)
- Clean, bounce-free switching
- Enhanced DT5 Functionality Features: Additional Enhanced Input Mode Operation: Pulse Measurements, Transition Timestamps, Transition Counters, Period Measurement and Frequency Measurement. Additional Enhanced Output Mode Operation: In bidirectional current switch mode, enhanced features can be used to trigger switch opening or closure using pulse width, number of pulses or pattern generation
- Input Range: ±80 V (peak) / ±60 V (typical)
- Input Pulse Detection: A pulse of 40µs min. width will be sensed and indicated by the appropriate Hi–Lo or Low-High Transition Interrupt.
- Input Impedance: 2 MΩ / (200 kΩ if/when Open Circuit Detect Logic enabled)
- Switching Threshold: Levels are programmable from 0 to 80 Vrms with 10-bit resolution (0.98% FS) On/Off.
- Accuracy of Set Point: The greater of 5% signal value or 0.25 V.
- ON/OFF Differential: 0.5 V min. recommended.
- Debounce: Programmable per channel from 0 to 10µs x 232 (LSB= 10 μs; 32-bit resolution).
- Update Rate: Each channel is updated every 10 μs.
- Overvoltage Protection: Input clamped at ±80 VDC.
- Voltage Measurement: User can read output voltage of each channel (isolated 10-bit A/D) LSB=100mV; Accuracy: ±3 LSB’s (300 mV) over temperature.
- Additional Enhanced Input Mode Operation: Input with debounce filter (Mode 0), measure High Time (Mode 1), measure Low Time (Mode 2), time-stamp of all rising edges (Mode 3), time-stamp of all falling edges (Mode 4), time-stamp of all edges (Mode 5), count total number of rising (Mode 6), falling (Mode 7), all (Mode 8) edges, measure period from rising edge-torising edge (Mode 9), measure frequency (Mode 10).
- Switch Formats: Isolated bidirectional (AC/DC) MOSFET switch.
- Switch Current: 0-625 mA per channel (load determined) / (±80 V peak)
- Switch Impedance Open: 2 MΩ / (200 kΩ if/when Open Circuit Detect Logic enabled)
- Switch Impedance Closed: 0.5 W typical, 1 W max.
- Current Measurement: User can read AC/DC current through switch, independently for each channel, LSB=3 mA; Accuracy: The greater of ±10% of Signal or ±20 mA over temperature.
- Measurement Update Rate: Each channel is updated every 10 µs.
- Isolation: 500 V (between channels and each channel to system GND).
- Power: 5 VDC/0.98 A max
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g)
- Additional Enhanced Output Mode Operation: PWM Continuous Output, PWM Burst (n-times), and Pattern Generator Output.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center