16 A/D Channels (±10 VDC); 16-bit SAR per channel
Module ADE features 16 channels with up to 16-bit SAR A/D converters, simultaneous sampling. The maximum programmable, expected full-scale range input for the ADE module is -FS to +FS or 0 to FS; 10.00, 5.00, 2.50, 1.25 or 0.625 volts respectively. The A/D converters have programmable sample rates of up to 200 kHz.
The input range and gain is also field-programmable for each channel. The ability to set lower expected, full-scale voltage gain ranges assures the use of the full resolution. Each channel includes a fixed, second order, anti-aliasing filter and a digital post filter with a programmable breakpoint that enables users to field-adjust the filtering for each channel.
The extended A/D FIFO buffering capabilities of these modules supports greater storage/management of the incoming signal samples (data) for post-processing applications. Data samples can be stored in the buffer either at the maximum programmed base A/D sample rate or by an integer-divided sample rate. Programmable FIFO buffer thresholds maximize data flow control (movement in and out of the FIFO). Incremental relative time-stamping between samples also is provided as a programmable option.
All A/D channels are self-aligning and continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT) status is provided for channel health and operation feedback. On a rotating basis, each channel is automatically trimmed/tested for optimal conversion and reliability to eliminate offset and gain errors throughout the entire operating envelope (temperature and drift control). Open inputs are sensed and flagged.
- Number of Channels: 16
- ADC Type / Architecture: SAR / Individual
- Key Characteristics Range (max): ±10 V
- Effective Resolution Bits: 16
- Sampling Rate (max.): 200 kHz / Channel
- Resolution: 16-bit SAR A/D converters. Simultaneous sampling.
- Input Format: Differential voltage (may be used as single-ended by grounding one input).
- Input Scaling: Sixteen (16) bipolar or unipolar channels (volts) or (current). Programmable, per channel, as Full Scale (FS) range inputs where range is -FS to +FS or 0 to FS; 10.00, 5.00, 2.50, 1.25 or 0.625 volts. The ability to set lower voltages for FS assures the utilization of the full resolution.
- Overvoltage Protection: No damage up to 25.4 V continuous, 33 V momentary
- Overcurrent Protection: N/A
- Open Input Sense: This module will sense and report unconnected inputs.
- Input Impedance: 10 MΩ min. / 20 MΩ (Differential)
- INL (Linearity): 0.05% FS range over temperature
- Gain Error: ±0.1% FS range
- Offset Error: Greater of ±0.04% FS range or ±5 mV
- Sampling Rate (Programmable): 200 kSPS maximum (decimation at slower sample rate (< 100 kHz, 1 kHz minimum)
- Data Buffering/Triggering: Independent FIFO sample capture with programmable options (1M 32-bit data elements per channel). See Operations Manual for details.
- Acquisition & Conversion Time: 5.5 μs at 200 kHz sampling rate. See manual for conversion time at lower sample rates
- Programmable Filter: Each channel incorporates a fixed second order anti-aliasing filter (30 kHz bandwidth) and a post filter that has a digitally adjustable -3 dB break point programmable up to 90 kHz.
- Common Mode Rejection: 76 dB min. at 60 Hz. Roll off to 36 dB min. at 10 kHz.
- Common Mode Voltage: Signal voltage plus Common mode voltage is 10.5 volts. Note: A/D differential inputs must not “float”. Input source must have return path to A/D Return (CH 16-).
- Output Logic: Bipolar output in two's complement. Bipolar output range from FFFF 8000 max. negative; 0000 7FFF is max. positive (FS) Unipolar output range from 0 to 0000 FFFF (FS) (Voltage Ranges only)
- ESD Protection: Designed to meet the testing requirements of IEC 801-2 Level 2. (4 KV transient with a peak current of 7.5 A and a Tc of approximately 60 ns).
- Power: 5 VDC @ 540 mA / ±12 VDC @ 196 mA
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Minimum of 55 dB
- Ground: Channel inputs are differential, referenced to isolated module AGND, (or Common Mode Reference Point (CMRP): CH16(-)) isolated (250 V minimum peak isolation) from system power/ground.
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g)
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center