3U OpenVPX ARM SBC with Three I/O Function Module Slots
NAI’s 68ARM1 is a 3U OpenVPX ARM® Cortex®-A9 - based, Single Board Computer (SBC) that can be configured with up to three smart function modules. Ideally suited for rugged defense, commercial aerospace, and industrial applications, the 68ARM1 delivers off-the-shelf solutions that accelerate deployment of SWaP-optimized systems. The ARM® Cortex®-A9 processor is a low power, cost-sensitive, multi-core processor delivering exceptional levels of performance and power efficiency with all the functionality required in rugged, embedded SWaP-optimized programs for the Defense and Aerospace industries.
The 68ARM1 includes BSP and SSK support for Wind River®VxWorks® and for Xilinx® PetaLinux and DDC-I Deos. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
- VPX / OpenVPX (ANSI / VITA 46 & VITA 65) Profile: Data plane: 4x1 PCIe, Control plane: 2x 10/100/1000Base-T, or 2x 1000Base-KX
- ARM® Cortex®-A9 Dual Core 800 MHz Processor
- 512 MB DDR3L SDRAM
- 32 GB On-Board SATA II NAND Flash
- Expansion SATA II Flash support available: On-board module 3 (pending) or External SATA II port access (pending)
- < 10 W motherboard power dissipation
- Up to 3 independent intelligent I/O function modules supported
- Front and/or rear I/O
- 70+ modules to choose from
- Commercial or rugged applications
- Independent x1 SerDes interface to each function module slot
- 2x 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet; 2 to rear or 1 to rear and 1 to front I/O; or 2x 1000Base-KX to rear I/O
- IPMC to rear I/O
- 1x USB 2.0 port to rear or front I/O
- 1x RS232 to front or rear I/O
- Designed to meet ANSI / VITA 47 environmental requirements
- Operating temperature: 0° C to 70° C commercial, -40° C to +85° C rugged
- Wind River® Linux, VxWorks® and Xilinx® PetaLinux and DDC-I Deos™ OS support
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT) (as applicable)
- Intelligent I/O library support included
- COSA® architecture
- VICTORY Interface Services (Contact factory)
The 68ARM1 includes SSKs to support multiple operating systems. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center