725-Watt (28VDC input) DC/DC Converter, SOSA™ Aligned, 3U VPX
NAI’s VPX55HS-31 is one of NAI's latest +28 VDC Input, VPX DC/DC Converters. The VPX55HS was developed in alignment of the SOSA™ Technical Standard and is capable of handling up to 725 Watts of output power. It plugs directly into a standard 3U VPX chassis with a VITA 62 1.0” power supply slot. This off-the-shelf solution for VITA 46.0 and VITA 65 systems is compatible with VPX specifications; supports all VITA standard I/O, signals, and features; and conforms to the VITA 62 mechanical and electrical requirements for modular power supplies.
The VPX55HS-31 switching power supply is conduction-cooled through the card edge/wedgelock. It accepts +28 VDC input voltage and provides six outputs (per VITA 62) at up to 725 Watts.
The VPX55HS-31 can be used either as a single-stage module or a back-end module in a multiple power supply configuration. It supports a variety of standard features, including continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT); user programmability; I2C communication remote error sensing; current share and protection against transients, overvoltage, overcurrent, and short-circuits. With its intelligent design, the VPX55HS-31 also has the flexibility to address special needs. Derating for rugged defense and industrial applications. It is also designed to meet the many harsh environmental requirements of military applications.
- Ideal for rugged 3U VPX power applications requiring a +28 VDC Input
- Aligned with SOSA™ Technical Standard
- Integrated IPMC, with Dual Bus IPMB-A, IPMB-B
- Multiple output configurations including standard six output, SOSA™ "Heavy +12" and SOSA ++12V Only" configurations
- Rugged VPX-compatible connectors
- I/O per VITA 62
- Compatible with System Management Bus per VITA 46.11
- Off-the-shelf solution for VITA 46.0 and VITA 65 systems
- Supports all VITA standard I/O, signals, and features
- Accepts +28 VDC input
- Provides up to 725 Watts output power (725W max @ 75°C, derate linearly to 600W at 85°C)
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT)
- Current share
- Programmable Over Temperature Warn / with Over Temperature Shutdown
- Input transient protection per MIL-STD-704F
- Environmental per MIL-STD-810H and VITA 47
- Integrated EMI filtering per MIL-STD-461F
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center