Independent 24-bit Sigma-Delta type (one for each channel)
The TR1 provides 8 channels which can be individually programmed as a Thermocouple (TC) or a Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD) measurement interface. When configured as a TC, the channel can interface with virtually all thermocouple-type NIST temperature ranges. When configured as an RTD, the channel can interface to two, three and four-wire platinum RTD sensor configurations.
The TR1 channels are individually configurable for up to 8 isolated TC or low-voltage range A/D measurement channels. Configuration programmability provides interfaces for industry standard NIST thermocouple types (J, K, T, E, N, B, R, and S).
The TR1 channels are individually configurable for up to 8 isolated RTD measurement channels. Each channel is configurable for use with 4-wire, 3-wire or 2-wire connections to the RTD sensors. All RTD channels are calibrated at the factory and measurement results provided in Single Precision Floating Point Value (IEEE-754) format.
- Thermocouple Measurement: Interfaces with most standard NIST thermocouple types (J, K, T, E, N, B, R, and S), Self-powered, Large temperature range; up to 2300° C, Accuracy up to ±0.2° C (thermocouple type dependent), Thermo-block compensation option P/N ACC-ISO-THERM-BLK2 (If accessory used, channel 8 is automatically allocated as an RTD interface for the thermo-block compensation temperature measurement)
- RTD Measurement: Higher accuracy and repeatability as compared with thermocouples in applications below 600 °C, Two, three or four-wire mode, Channels are calibrated at the factory for Pt100, Pt500, and Pt1000 RTDs, Single Precision Floating Point Value (IEEE-754) format, Open sensor connections are detected and reported, 1 mA, 500 µA & 250 µA excitation sources for Pt100, Pt500 & Pt1000 ranges
- Independently Programmable: Up to 8 RTD channels, Up to 8 Thermocouple channels
- Independent Mode Select: Configures Thermocouple or RTD
- Programmable Sample Rate: Sets the sampling rate of the A
- Offset Temperature: Provides ability to null for any system induced measurement errors
- A/D Converter: Independent 24-bit Sigma-Delta type (one for each channel)
- Temperature Range: NIST temperature range (J, K, T, E, N, B, R, S thermocouple types)
- Voltage Measurement Range: ±78.125 mV to an accuracy of ± 25 µV over operational temperature.
- Overvoltage Input Tolerance: ± 4 V continuous, ±50 V momentary duration limited to 100 ms (applied at signal input)
- 50/60 Hz Noise Rejection: >70 dB
- CMR: 85 dB (minimum)
- Differential Input Impedance: >10 KΩ
- Digital Output: IEEE 754-2008 (binary32) programmable for ° C, ° F (programmed for temperature), 24-bit (signed), based on % FSR (±78 mV) (programmed for A/D)
- Accuracy: Based on minimum update rate and w/thermocouple block I/F compensation; ±0.2° C (Type J/N), ±0.3° C (Type K), ±0.3° C (Type T/E), ±0.3° C (Type R/S), ±0.9° C (Type B), ± 0.2% FSR (programmed for raw A/D digital output)
- Resolution: 0.01° typ. (programmed for temperature, thermocouple selection dependent)
- Update Rate: Programmable between 3-4800 Hz
- Thermo-Block Interface: Optional thermocouple interface for connection of up to 7 thermocouple sensors. Pt100 RTD sensor for cold junction compensation temperature.
- Build-In-Test (BIT): Continuous background ‘online’ accuracy, OPEN detection capability.
- Analog Input Resolution: 24 bits per channel
- RTD Interface: 4, 3, or 2-wire RTD interface capability. Specifically designed for use with common 100 Ω, 500 Ω and 1000 Ω RTDs with general resistance measurement capability up to 8000 Ω. Direct readout of temperature in ° C / ° F with standard Pt sensors.
- Open Line Detection: Ability to detect an open in any line or RTD in all wire modes.
- Excitation: 1 mA per channel
- Accuracy: ±0.1% of full-scale value @ 5 samples per second (4-wire mode only), ±0.2% of full-scale value @ 5 samples per second (3-wire mode only), ±1.2% of full-scale value @ 5 samples per second (2-wire mode only)
- Update Rate: Update rate for each channel is configurable from 3-4800 Hz
- Output Format: Resistance/Temperature
- Built-In-Test (BIT): Continuous background ‘online’ accuracy, OPEN detection capability.
- Power: +5 VDC @ 480 mA typ.
- Ground: Independent channels; isolated from system ground.
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g)
- ESD Protection: Designed to meet the testing requirements of IEC 801-2 Level 2. (4 kV transient with a peak current of 7.5 A and a Tc of approximately 60 ns)
- Number of Channels: Eight channels programmable for RTD or Thermocouple mode.
- Input Interface: Independent differential input channels.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center