3U OpenVPX Ethernet Switch and Multifunction I/O Board
The 68G5E, a variant of the 68G5, is a rugged 3U OpenVPX multifunction I/O (MFIO) and communications board, specifically fitted with a managed Ethernet Switch module designed for demanding aerospace, defense, and industrial applications. The 68G5E can accommodate one NAI Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) smart function module in addition to the Ethernet Switch module. The board offers independent copper and fiber optic Ethernet switch capabilities, functioning as an MFIO endpoint with access through PCIe x1 or an onboard Ethernet control port. This allows engineers to tailor the board's functionality to their needs and accelerate SWaP-optimized system deployment.
- COSA® Architecture
- VPX / OpenVPX (ANSI / VITA 46 & VITA 65)
- Slot profile: SLT3-SWH-16T-14.4.6, No PCIe; when configured as a GbE switch only (no-MFIO function)
- Slot profile: SLT3-PER-1U-14.3.3, x1 PCIe; when configured as a GbE switch with 1-MFIO function
- Up to 1 independent smart I/O function module supported (configured option)
- Independent x1 SerDes interface to function
- 12 Ethernet Switch ports available with smart I/O function option
- PCIe and/or 10/100Base-T (rear) and/or 10/100/1000Base-T (front) control interface
- Background Built-In-Test (BIT) continually checks and reports on the health of each channel
- Software Support Kits (SSKs) and drivers available
- VICTORY Interface Services (contact factory)
- Operating temperature: 0° C to 70° C commercial, -40°C to +85°C rugged
The 68G5E includes SSKs to support multiple operating systems. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 100 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center