725-Watt (270VDC input) DC/DC Converter, SOSA™ Aligned, 3U VPX
NAI’s VPX57HS-31 is NAI's latest +270 VDC Input, VPX DC/DC Converter. The VPX57HS was developed in alignment of the SOSA™ Technical Standard and is capable of handling up to 725 Watts of output power. It plugs directly into a standard 3U VPX chassis with a VITA 62 1.0” power supply slot. This off-the-shelf solution for VITA 46.0 and VITA 65 systems is compatible with VPX specifications; supports all VITA standard I/O, signals, and features; and conforms to the VITA 62 mechanical and electrical requirements for modular power supplies.
The VPX57HS-31 switching power supply is conduction-cooled through the card edge/wedgelock. It accepts +270 VDC input voltage and provides six outputs (per VITA 62) at up to 725 Watts.
The VPX57HS-31 can be used either as a single-stage module or a back-end module in a multiple power supply configuration. It supports a variety of standard features, including continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT); user programmability; I2C communication remote error sensing; current share and protection against transients, overvoltage, overcurrent, and short-circuits. With its intelligent design, the VPX57HS-31 also has the flexibility to address special needs. Derating for rugged defense and industrial applications. It is also designed to meet the many harsh environmental requirements of military applications.
- Ideal for rugged 3U VPX power applications requiring a high voltage, +270 VDC Input
- Aligned with SOSA™ Technical Standard
- Integrated IPMC, with Dual Bus IPMB-A, IPMB-B
- Multiple output configurations including standard six output, SOSA™ "Heavy +12" and SOSA™ ++12V Only" configurations
- Standard VPX-compatible connectors, with option for 70,000 feet altitude
- I/O per VITA 62
- Compatible with System Management Bus per VITA 46.11
- Off-the-shelf solution for VITA 46.0 and VITA 65 systems
- Supports all VITA standard I/O, signals, and features
- Accepts +270 VDC input
- Provides up to 725 Watts output power
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT)
- Current share
- Programmable Over Temperature Warn / with Over Temperature Shutdown
- Input transient protection per MIL-STD-704F
- Environmental per MIL-STD-810H and VITA 47
- Integrated EMI filtering per MIL-STD-461F
- Operates at full load through the entire -40° C to +85° C temperature range
- Form Factor: 3U, 1.0"
- Input: +270 VDC
- Outputs: Up to 6 with SOSA™ Aligned Options Available
- Output Power: 725 Watts
- Input Transients: MIL-STD-704F
- EMI: MIL-STD-461F
- Features: VITA 62 I/O, SOSA™ Aligned Output Configurations, Programmable, I2C, OverTemp, Status LED, Current Share, Altitude up to 70,000 Feet
- Cooling Method: Conduction, via Wedgelocks
- Connector: Per VITA 62 with option for VITA62.2 High Altitude
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center