3U OpenVPX Sensor Interface Unit
Configure with up to 12 I/O and Communication Function Modules
The SIU34 is a highly configurable rugged system or subsystem ideally suited to support a multitude of Mil-Aero applications that require high-density I/O, communications, Ethernet switching and processing. The SIU34 leverages NAI’s 3U OpenVPX™ boards to deliver off-the-shelf solutions that accelerate deployment of SWaP-optimized systems in air, land and sea applications.
Versatile & Scalable Rugged Architecture for Demanding Embedded System Applications Including: Data Acquisition (DAQ), Fire Control & Targeting System (FCTS), Remote Data Concentrator (RDC), Vehicle Management System (VMS) Data Concentrator Unit (DCU), Remote Interface Unit (RIU), Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS), Aircraft Interface Unit (AIU)
- 4x 3U OpenVPX™ Card Slots, Supports up to 12 from 70+ smart function modules
- Processor Options: Freescale PowerPC™ QorIQ® T2080, Intel® Core™ i7 or ARM® Cortex® -A9 & -A53
- Configurable I/O Communications and Processing
- Reduced SWaP Footprint
- Conduction Cooled (CC) and Air (AC) Cooled Versions
- COSA® Architecture Supports MOSA, OSA, SOSA™ and the FACE™ technical standards
- Wind River VxWorks®, Xilinx PetaLinux, Microsoft Windows® and DDC-I Deos® OS support
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT) (board/function supported as applicable)
- Operating temp: Operating temp: -40 ᵒC to +71 ᵒC @ thermal interface, conduction cooled; Air/convection-cooled version
- Environmental/EMI: MIL-STD-461*, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-1275 & MIL-STD-704
- Conduction Cooled Dimensions: 9.4” x 5.7” x 5.9”
- Conduction Cooled Weight: ~8.2 lbs.
- Additional Weights: + ~2.2 lbs. for PSU + ~1.35 lbs. each additional fully populated board
- Input: 28 VDC input
- Power is configuration dependent: 50 W typ. (up to 130 W capable) 50 ms (min.) PSU hold-up option
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center