2-28 Vrms Input, 2-115 Vrms Exc, 47 Hz - 1 kHz Freq
Synchros and Resolvers are transformer-type voltage/current transducers that convert a shaft or other rotating device's angular position and/or velocity to a multi-wire AC electrical signal. Both deliver signals proportional to the Sine and/or Cosine of the shaft angle. A Resolver-to-Digital or a Synchro-to-Digital converter is used to convert these signals to a digital output corresponding to the shaft angle and/or velocity.
The SD1 - SD5 modules cover the range of excitation voltages/frequency, include extensive field-parameter programmability, and provide a full operating envelope choice for interfacing to virtually any type Synchro or Resolver. They feature background wrap-around self-test capability, and most platforms support an optional, programmable AC excitation supply. In addition to state-of-the-art technologies, Type II servo loop processing techniques, and specialized design algorithms, the modules include many other useful applications features such as excitation loss detection, and excitation voltage and frequency measurement. Operating voltages between 2 - 90 VL-L and reference voltage/frequency between 2 - 115 VRMS or 47 Hz - 20 kHz can be specified. Individual excitation inputs are supplied for each channel.
- Number of Channels: 4 Channels
- Resolution: 24-bit
- Input Format: Synchro to Digital (S/D), Resolver to Digital (R/D), Programmable
- Input Voltage: SD1-SD4: 2 - 28 Vrms; SD5: 28-90 Vrms
- Excitation Voltage: 2 - 115 Vrms
- Input Impedance: 300 kΩ
- Accuracy: ±1 arc-minute for single-speed inputs; ±1 arc-minute divided by the gear ratio for two-speed inputs.
- Tracking Rate: 833.33 RPS max based on bandwidth value
- Bandwidth: Default set to 40 Hz at factory but per channel field programmable. (All parameters must be programmed for each boot up, or parameter will be set to default value.)
- Frequency Range: SD1/SD5: 47 Hz - 1 kHz, SD2: 1 kHz-5 kHz, SD3: 5 kHz-10 kHz, SD4: 10 kHz-20 kHz
- Phase Shift: Automatically compensates for phase shifts between the transducer excitation and output up to ±60°.
- Self-Test: Built-in wraparound self-test.
- Reference Input: 2-115 Vrms
- Reference Zin: 400 kΩ minimum
- Angle Change Alert: Each channel can be set to a different angle delta. When the differential is exceeded, an interrupt (if enabled) is triggered. Default is: “Ch. Disabled” MSB=180°; Minimum differential is 0.05°. Max differential that can be programmed is 179.9°.
- Velocity, Digital: 16-bit resolution; Linearity 0.1%, scalable resolution.
- Power: 5 VDC @ 1 A
- Ground: Isolated signal and excitation. Channels individually isolated from each other and from system ground.
- Weight: 2.7 oz. (75 g)
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center