Discrete Output, 4-Channel, High Current (to 2 A)
The DT3 provides four isolated, high current & voltage (up to 2 A, 65 VDC) discrete output switching channels.
Arranged and power sourced in channel pairs, the individual module channel(s) can control and switch load outputs for either single or dual power supply applications. With a single source power supply (VCC & GND), the channel(s) can be connected to a load and provide either hi-side (current source) or lo-side (current sink) discrete load current switching. With dual power supply sources (VCC & VSS), the channel(s) can be connected to a load to provide push-pull discrete load current switching (dual source current switching from both a positive and negative power supply).
- ID/Type: High-current, individual, discrete isolated current switches; DT3: 4-Channel (2-channels are paired and share VCC/VSS power supply source inputs)
- Voltage Range:: ±5 to ±35 VDC / Channel max. (external supplied dual source VCC & VSS); 5 to 65 VDC / Channel max. (external supplied single source VCC & GND); Note: Channel pair power input sources are/must be referenced to the channel pair ISO_GND
- Overvoltage Surge Protection: 75 VDC max. (clamped)
- Output Mode Formats (programmable per channel): Mode 0: Standard mode. User has two registers: “Output Drive H/L” and “Tristate Output”. When tristate is set to ‘0’, Output is the state that’s set by the “Output drive H/L” register. When tristate is set to ‘1’, Output is tristated. Mode 1: PWM mode. PWM Output command; PWM Continuous or Burst modes (n-times)
- Channel Off (tristate): High-Z (>2 MΩ)
- Output Current: 2 A per channel, maximum
- Output Impedance: <0.1 Ω
- System Protection: All output(s) are set to “OFF” (at Power-ON and reset). No voltage transients on power-on or power-off.
- Load & Channel Protection: Short circuit protected. Channel shuts “off” and a flag is set when current exceeds 10% maximum current rating > 50ms. Channel over-current reset by control/status register command.
- Switching Frequency: Up to 500 kHz maximum (for PWM mode).
- +VCC & -VSS Voltage Measurement: User can read source voltage(s). Voltage: LSB = 100 mV; Accuracy: ±1V (tbd)
- Output Voltage Measurement: User can read voltage of each channel. Voltage: LSB = 100 mV; Accuracy: ±1V (tbd)
- Output Current Measurement: User can read current of each channel. Current: LSB = 1 mA; Accuracy: ±15 mA (tbd)
- Isolation: Module power source (ISO-GND) and I/O to system ground is ≥500 VDC
- Power: 5 VDC / 105 mA (max) (does not include source powered load)
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g)
- PWM Output Mode Operation: Individual Output Mode: PWM Continuous or PWM Burst (n-times)
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center