3 (0.5VA), 2 (1.5/2.2 VA), or 1* (3.0 VA) Channel(s)
Linear Variable Differential Transformer (LVDT) and Rotary Variable Differential Transformer (RVDT) are transformer-type voltage/current transducers that convert a linear/rotary movement of a core/shaft to a multi-wire differential AC electrical signal. Both deliver signals linearly proportional to the position of a shaft (magnetic induction core). An LVDT/RVDT simulator is used to convert digital positional commands to corresponding AC signals.
A wide variety of D/L modules cover the range of excitation voltages/frequency, include extensive field-parameter programmability, and provide a full operating envelope choice for simulating virtually any type of LVDT or RVDT. By eliminating the need for external transformers and operating with lower AC reference frequencies, these solid-state designs offer huge space savings.
There are three types of D/L modules:
- 3 Channel Modules: These high-density modules have a lower power output drive (0.5 VA per channel, max.). The lower power output drive is ideal for driving solid-state input instruments, gauges (most LVDT/RVDT measurement circuits are high input impedance, as "real" LVDTs/RVDTs do not supply a large amount of current).
- 2 Channel Modules: The 2-channel modules have a standard power output drive(1.5 VA [2.2 VA for DLE] per channel, max.).
- 1 Channel Modules*: The single-channel modules have a high-power output drive capability (3 VA per channel, max.). All LVDT/RVDT simulation modules feature a wrap-around self-test capability and most platforms support an optional programmable AC excitation supply. In addition to state-of-the-art technologies and design algorithms, the modules include many other useful application features such as excitation loss detection, and excitation voltage and frequency measurement. They can be programmed (and re-programmed) in the field for any excitation and simulating signal voltage between 2 - 28 Vrms or 28 - 90 Vrms full scale range. Individual excitation inputs are supplied for each A and B output pair. All LVDT/RVDT simulation modules feature a wrap-around self-test capability and most platforms support an optional programmable AC excitation supply. Utilizing state-of-the-art technologies and design algorithms, many useful application features such as excitation voltage and frequency measurement, excitation loss detection and many others are “built-in.” They can be programmed (and re-programmed) in the field for any excitation and simulating signal voltage between 2 and 28 Vrms or 28-90 Vrms full scale range.
- *Single channel module pending - contact factory for availability.
- Number of Channels: 1, 2, or 3 channels
- Resolution: 16-bits (.00305% FSR)
- Output Format: Configurable for either 3/4-wire or 2-wire. Galvanically isolated. Output voltage is programmable fixed or ratiometric.
- Output Voltage: 2-28 VLL (low voltage modules); 28-90 VLL (high voltage modules).
- Reference Voltage: 2-115 Vrms Galvanic isolated. Uses 1 mA maximum/channel.
- Regulation (VL-L): ±5% max. No load to Full load.
- Phase Shift: ±0.5° maximum between output and reference @ 0° default/commanded phase, or programmable induced phase shift tolerance.
- Self-Test: Built-in wraparound self-test.
- Settling Time: Less than 100 microseconds.
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g).
Module Specific Details
|DL1 - DL5||±0.35% FSR (single-channel)|
|DLA - DLN|| ±0.1% FSR (2-, 3-channel)
- ±0.1% FSR @ 5-10 kHz (DLL* only)
- For DLM* (3-ch, 10 kHz-20 kHz), contact factory
*Accuracy maintained based on customer-specified set of operating parameters to include VLL, VREF @ FREQ (expected operating parameters tolerance within ±20% for all channels). Board-level dash number to be assigned.
|Module Type||Output Load|
|DL1 - DL5||3.0 VA (single-channel); Short circuit protected.|
|DLA - DLD||1.5 VA (2-channel); Short circuit protected.|
|DLE||2.2 VA (2-channel); Short circuit protected.|
|DLJ - DLN||0.5 VA (3-channel); Short circuit protected.|
*Output Load/Drive Power Derating:
For low voltage modules (2-28 VLL), the specified power is rated maximum at 28-11.8 VLL, then derates linearly from 11.8 VLL to 2 VLL;
For high voltage modules (28-90 VLL) the specified power is rated maximum at 90 VLL, then derates linearly to 28 VLL.
|Module Type|| Power @
| Power @
| Power @
Add to ±12 VDC current
per V.A. load per channel
|1 Channel Low Voltage||Contact Factory|
|1 Channel High Voltage||Contact Factory|
|2 Channel Low Voltage||460 mA||240 mA||80 mA|
|2 Channel High Voltage||950 mA||120 mA||57 mA|
|3 Channel Low Voltage||400 mA||110 mA||113 mA|
|3 Channel High Voltage||400 mA||165 mA||64 mA|
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center