16 Differential I/O Multi-Mode Transceiver Channels
Function module DF1 multi-mode transceivers with 16 programmable I/O channels. Differential transceivers increase resistance to noise by creating two complementary signals. These complementary signals produced on balanced lines double noise immunity by creating lower power requirements due to lower supply voltages.
When programmed for input, each differential channel has a selectable internal resistor (120 ohm) across its inputs. Each channel also can be programmed for fast or slow slew rates (a slow slew rate may be desirable for certain sensitive EMI-radiated transmission line applications). Status and/or interrupts can be polled/enabled for each channel to indicate transition on rising edge, transition on falling edge, or Background Built-in-Test (BIT) fault. Debounce circuits for each channel offer a programmable time delay to eliminate false signals resulting from contact bounce commonly experienced with mechanical relays and switches. All inputs are continuously scanned.
Continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT) status provides real-time channel health for mission-critical systems. This feature runs in the background and is transparent in normal operations. When the channels are programmed as inputs, a redundant, read-back circuit continually scans each channel to verify the input. When the channels are programmed as outputs, the read-back circuit is compared with the commanded output logic.
- 16 channels available as inputs or outputs
- Programmable for fast or slow slew rates
- Programmable debounce circuitry with selectable time delay eliminates false signals resulting from relay contact bounce
- Built-in-Test runs in background constantly monitoring system health for each channel
- Operational Mode: RS-422, RS-485
- Receiver Input Levels: RS-422: -10 V to 10 V, RS-485: -7 V to 12 V
- Receiver Input Sensitivity: RS-422: +200 mV, RS-485: +200 mV
- Receiver Input Resistance: RS-422: 120 Ω or 125 kΩ, RS-485: 125 kΩ
- : Each channel incorporates a 120 Ω termination resistor that can be programmed on a channel by channel basis.
- Read Delay: RS-422: 300 ns (100 ns with low EMI off), RS-485: 300 ns (100 ns with low EMI off)
- Debounce: RS-422: Programmable per bit from 0 to 34.36 sec. (LSB= programmable), RS-485: Programmable per bit from 0 to 34.36 sec. (LSB= programmable)
- Driver Output Voltage: RS-422: 0 V to 5 V max., RS-485: 0 V to 5 V max.
- Driver Output Signal Level (Loaded Minimum): RS-422: +2 V, RS-485: +1.5 V
- Driver Output Signal Level (Unloaded Maximum): RS-422: +5 V, RS-485: +5 V
- Driver Load Impedance (Maximum Driver Current In): RS-422: 100 Ω, RS-485: 54 Ω
- Hi Z State (Power-On) (Maximum Driver Current In): RS-422: N/A, RS-485: +100 µA
- Hi Z State (Power-Off): RS-422: +10 µA, RS-485: +10 µA
- Write Delay: RS-422: 100 ns, RS-485: 100 ns (low EMI off)
- Protection: Short circuit protected, thermal shutdown, built-in current limiting.
- Rise/Fall Time: 31 ns into a 50 pf load
- Power (Per 16-Channel Module): 5 VDC @ 200 mA, 360 mA fully loaded (54Ω load per channel)
- Ground: All grounds are common and connected to system ground.
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g)
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center