12 D/A Outputs (±10 VDC or ±25 mA)
The DA1 module features 12 independent D/A output channels with a full-scale range of ±10 VDC at ± 25 mA (max). The DA1 provides either voltage or current control loop modes that are programmable for the particular application. The DA1 module also offers external trigger/synchronization signal (RS422/485) capability, which provides/accepts a trigger signal to/from other module(s).
- The module includes extensive Background Built-in-Test (BIT). In addition to output signal read-back (wrap) capabilities, overloaded outputs are detected with automatic channel shut-down protection, and the results are displayed in a status word. The modules also include D/A FIFO buffering for greater control of the output voltage and signal data. Once enabled and triggered, the D/A FIFO buffer accepts, stores, and outputs the voltage (and/or current) commands for applications requiring simulation of waveform generation (single or periodic). The output data command word is formatted as a percentage of the Full Scale (FS) range selection, which allows maximum resolution and accuracy at lower voltage ranges.
- Resolution: 16-bit/channel for either voltage (V) or current (I) command modes.
- Output Format: Single-ended
- Output Range: ±10 VDC, 0 to 10 VDC (V-control mode) or 0 to ±25 mA (I-control mode, bipolar only).
- Output Impedance: < 1 Ω
- System Protection: Output is set to 0 V at reset or Power-On.
- Linearity Error: ±0.05% FS range over temperature (Voltage mode) ±0.1% FS range @ 25º C; derates linearly to ±0.2% FS range at -40º C & +85º C (Current mode)
- Offset Error: ±5 mV / ±12.5 µA
- Gain Error: ±0.03% FS range @ 25º C; derates linearly to ±0.06% FS range at -40º C & +85º C
- Settling Time: 10 µs typ. (15 µs max.)
- Data Buffer: See Operations Manual for details.
- Load: Can drive a capacitive load of 0.1 µF, 25 mA/Ch. max. (Source or Sink). Short-circuit protected. When current exceeds 25 mA for any channel, for > 50 ms, that channel is set to 0 V (mA) and a flag is set.
- Update Rate: 5 µs per channel
- External Sync (pending): Module is provided with RS-485/422 transceiver for external channel output triggering and/or synchronization capabilities. (provides or accepts trigger signal from other module(s))
- ESD Protection: Designed to meet the testing requirements of IEC 801-2 Level 2 (4 kV transient with a peak current of 7.5 A and a time constant of approximately 60 ns).
- Power: 5 VDC @ 300 mA typical (est.); ±12 VDC @ 200 mA (est. quiescent). Add 2 mA per 1 mA load per channel.
- Ground: All channel returns (Ch-Lo (-)) are common, but are isolated (250 Vpeak) from system ground.
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g)
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center