8 CANBus Channels, CAN 2.0 A/B Protocol
The serial bus system with real-time capabilities is the subject of the ISO 11898 International Standard and covers the lowest two layers of the ISO/OSI Reference Model. Our CANBus modules provide independent, isolated channels of CAN serial data bus links, conforming to the ISO 11898 International Standard. All CAN nodes are able to transmit data and several CAN nodes can request the bus simultaneously.
The CB1 module supports CAN 2.0 A and B protocol. Each channel is independently configurable.
- Eight independent, galvanically-isolated channels implemented with Bosch® FPGA core
- Fully compliant ANSI C network: Transport and DataLink layers
- Addressing settings: self-configurable, non-configurable, or command-configurable
- Adjustable baud rate with speeds up to 1 Mbit/sec
- MilCAN compliant (CB1 CAN 2.0 base foundation with higher level protocol integration-ready)
- Continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT) status for real-time channel health
- Error status registers
- Self-test mode
- Number of Channels: 8 Rx/Tx Channels
- CAN Protocol: Version 2.0 Part A/Part B
- Data Rate: Up to 1 Mbps per channel.
- Data Length: 0-250 bytes
- Power: 210 mA @ 5 V per channel typical
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g)
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center