12 A/D Channels (±25mA FSR); 24-bit Sigma-Delta
Module AD3 features 12 channels with up to 24-bit Sigma-Delta A/D converters for each individual channel. The maximum programmable, expected full-scale range input for the AD3 module is ±25 mA respectively. The A/D converters have programmable sample rates of up to 256 kHz.
The input range and gain is also field-programmable for each channel. The ability to set lower expected, full-scale voltage gain ranges assures the use of the full resolution. Each channel includes a fixed, second order, anti-aliasing filter and a digital post filter with a programmable breakpoint that enables users to field-adjust the filtering for each channel.
The extended A/D FIFO buffering capabilities of these modules supports greater storage/management of the incoming signal samples (data) for post-processing applications. Data samples can be stored in the buffer either at the maximum programmed base A/D sample rate or by an integer-divided sample rate. Programmable FIFO buffer thresholds maximize data flow control (movement in and out of the FIFO). Incremental relative time-stamping between samples also is provided as a programmable option.
All A/D channels are self-aligning and continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT) status is provided for channel health and operation feedback. On a rotating basis, each channel is automatically trimmed/tested for optimal conversion and reliability to eliminate offset and gain errors throughout the entire operating envelope (temperature and drift control). Open inputs are sensed and flagged.
- Number of Channels: 12
- ADC Type / Architecture: Σ-Δ / Individual
- Key Characteristics Range (max): ±25 mA
- Effective Resolution Bits: 24
- Sampling Rate (max.): 256 kHz / Channel
- Resolution: 24-bit Sigma-Delta A/D converters. One per channel
- Input Format: Differential voltage (may be used as single-ended by grounding one input)
- Input Scaling: Twelve (12) bipolar or unipolar channels (volts). Programmable, per channel, as Full Scale (FS) range inputs of ± 25 mA where range is -FS to +FS or 0 to FS mA. The ability to set lower currents for FS assures the utilization of the full resolution.
- Overvoltage Protection: No damage up to ±12 V continuous; ±30 V momentary
- Open Input Sense: This module will NOT sense and report unconnected inputs.
- Input Impedance: 50 Ω min.
- Linearity/Accuracy: ±0.1% FS range over temperature (current), to 16-bits
- Gain Error: ±0.1% (current)
- Offset Error: ±0.2% FS range
- Sampling Rate: 256 kHz max per channel, programmable
- Data Buffering/Triggering: See Operations Manual for details.
- Bandwidth: 20 kHz per channel
- Group Delay: 144 µs (based on 250 kHz sampling rate) (time for data sample to propagate to data register)
- Programmable Filter: Each channel incorporates an anti-aliasing filter and a post filter that has a digitally adjustable break point (programmable from 10 Hz to 128 kHz in 1 Hz steps).
- Common Mode Rejection: 70 dB min. at 60 Hz. Roll off to 50 dB min. at 10 kHz.
- Common Mode Voltage: Signal voltage plus Common mode voltage is 10.5 volts. Note: A/D differential inputs must not "float". Input source must have return path to ground.
- Output Logic: Bipolar output in two's complement. Bipolar output range from FF80 0000 max. negative; 007F FFFF max. positive (FS) Unipolar output range from 0 to 00FF FFFF (FS)
- ESD Protection: Designed to meet the testing requirements of IEC 801-2 Level 2 (4 KV transient with a peak current of 7.5 A and Tc of approximately 60 ns).
- Power: 5 VDC @ 750 mA max.
- Ground: Channel inputs are differential, referenced to isolated module AGND, isolated (250 V minimum peak isolation) from system power/ground.
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g)
- VREF Detail: VREF output @ 4.096 V (≤ 10 mA)
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center