12 A/D Channels (±12.5 to ±100 VDC FSR); 24-bit Sigma-Delta
Module AD2 features 12 channels with up to 24-bit Sigma-Delta A/D converters for each individual channel. The maximum programmable, expected full-scale range input for the AD2 module is ±12.5 to ±100 VDC. The A/D converters have programmable sample rates of up to 256 kHz.
The input range and gain is also field-programmable for each channel. The ability to set lower expected, full-scale voltage gain ranges assures the use of the full resolution. Each channel includes a fixed, second order, anti-aliasing filter and a digital post filter with a programmable breakpoint that enables users to field-adjust the filtering for each channel.
The extended A/D FIFO buffering capabilities of these modules supports greater storage/management of the incoming signal samples (data) for post-processing applications. Data samples can be stored in the buffer either at the maximum programmed base A/D sample rate or by an integer-divided sample rate. Programmable FIFO buffer thresholds maximize data flow control (movement in and out of the FIFO). Incremental relative time-stamping between samples also is provided as a programmable option.
All A/D channels are self-aligning and continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT) status is provided for channel health and operation feedback. On a rotating basis, each channel is automatically trimmed/tested for optimal conversion and reliability to eliminate offset and gain errors throughout the entire operating envelope (temperature and drift control). Open inputs are sensed and flagged.
- Number of Channels: 12
- ADC Type / Architecture: Σ-Δ / Individual
- Key Characteristics Range (max): ±100 V
- Effective Resolution Bits: 24
- Sampling Rate (max.): 256 kHz / Channel
- Resolution: 24-bit Sigma-Delta A/D converters. One per channel.
- Input Format: Differential voltage (may be used as single-ended by grounding one input).
- Input Scaling: Twelve (12) bipolar or unipolar channels (volts). Programmable, per channel, as Full Scale (FS) range inputs of 100.00, 50.00, 25.00, or 12.50 volts where range is -FS to +FS or 0 to FS VDC. The ability to set lower voltages for FS assures the utilization of the full resolution.
- Overvoltage Protection: No damage up to ±120 V continuous; ±150 V momentary
- Open Input Sense: This module will NOT sense and report unconnected inputs.
- Input Impedance: 430 kΩ (Differential), 210 kΩ (Single -ended)
- INL (Linearity): ±0.05% FS range over temperature (voltage), to 16-bits.
- Gain Error: ±0.1% FS range
- Offset Error: ±0.04% FS range
- Sampling Rate: 256 kHz max per channel, programmable
- Data Buffering/Triggering: See Operations Manual for details.
- Bandwidth: 100 kHz to 110 kHz per channel
- Acquisition/Conversion Time: 4.4 μs at 256 kHz sampling rate. See manual for conversion time at lower sample rates
- Programmable Filter: Each channel incorporates a fixed second order anti-aliasing filter (100kHz to 110 kHz bandwidth) and a post filter that has a digitally adjustable break point programmable up to 115 kHz.
- Common Mode Rejection: 85 dB min. at 60 Hz. Roll off to 80 dB min. at 10 kHz.
- Common Mode Voltage: Signal voltage plus Common mode voltage is ±270 Volts. Note: A/D differential inputs must not “float”. Input source must have return path to ground.
- Output Logic: Bipolar output in two's complement. Bipolar output range from FF80 0000 max. negative; 007F FFFF is max. positive (FS) Unipolar output range from 0 to 00FF FFFF (FS)
- ESD Protection: Designed to meet the testing requirements of IEC 801-2 Level 2 (4 KV transient with a peak current of 7.5 A and Tc of approximately 60 ns)
- Power: 5 VDC @ 470mA (typ), +/-12 VDC @ 310mA (typ)
- Ground: Channel inputs are differential, referenced to isolated module AGND, isolated (250 V minimum peak isolation) from system power/ground.
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g)
- VREF Detail: VREF output @ 4.096 V (≤ 10 mA)
- Signal- to- Noise Ratio (SNR): minimum of 85 dB
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center