6U cPCI D/S, S/D, Multifunction I/O Board
NAI's 78CS2 is a rugged 6U cPCI multifunction control board designed for applications that require higher output drive synchro/resolver simulation (D/S) and measurement (S/D), as well as digital-to-LVDT/RVDT simulation (D/LVDT) and measurement (LVDT/D). It also supports NAI's complete range of I/O and communication function modules. The board features five independent function module slots that can be configured for 10 D/S channels or for D/S in combination with I/O and communication modules. Additionally, it offers FIFO data buffering for select modules to improve performance. To further enhance the board's capabilities, it utilizes multiple digital signal processors (DSPs) for higher bandwidth and dedicated pre-processing control for each module.
- Support for 5 independent, intelligent function modules
- Up to 10 D/S channels with: On/off output capability, Individual reference inputs per channel, Rotation with start and stop angles
- High efficiency D/S design requires less current from the power supply & substantially reduces heat generated on the CCA
- FIFO data buffering for A/D, D/A, S/D, and LVDT functions
- Programmable multi-speed ratio between 2 and 255 for S/D and D/S functions
- Short circuit protection (standard); one of the outputs can be grounded without effecting performance
- On board 5 VA programmable reference supply (optional)
- Control via PCI Bus or Gigabit Ethernet (Gig-E) interface
- Connections via front panel, rear panel, or both
- Automatic Background Built-In-Test (BIT) (module dependent)
- Software Support Kits (SSKs) and drivers available
- Commercial and rugged models
- Operating temperature: 0° C to 70° C commercial, -40° C to +85° C rugged
The 78CS2 includes SSKs to support multiple operating systems. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 100 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center