3U OpenVPX High Density Multifunction I/O Board
The 68CB6 is a Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) 3U OpenVPX™ board that is preconfigured with 10 different “inboard” I/O, measurement and communication functions. This Combination-function Board (CB) provides a full suite of some of the most common & useful function interfaces supporting many different applications. The 68CB6 features a wide but dedicated selection of functions: Standard Functionality Discrete I/O (DT1); Successive Approximation Register (SAR) ±100 V Analog-to-Digital (AD); Isolated High Voltage Analog-to-Digital (ADF); ±10 V Digital-to-Analog (DA); Thermocouple (TC1) or Resistance Temperature Detector (RT1); Full-bridge Strain Gauge (SG1); Transmission/gear box Chip Detection and Fuzz Burn (CD1); LVDT-to-Digital linear (LD6) displacement (position) measurement, AC Reference Source output (AC2); CAN bus communication (CB8). The 68CB6 offers unparalleled programming flexibility, a wide range of operating characteristics, and a unique design that eliminates the need for external intermediate circuit considerations such as pull-up resistors or mechanical configuration jumpers. Inboard functions are software controlled and memory addressed, accessed in similar COSA® modular fashion to maintain seamless common NAI Software Support Kit & API/library structures.
- 3U OpenVPX Profiles MOD3-PER-1U-16.3.3-2, SLT3-PER-1U-14.3.3
- 12 channels of Standard Functionality (SF) Discrete I/O functions
- 16 channels of independent 16-bit Successive Approximation Register (SAR) ±100 V Analog-to-Digital (A/D)
- 2 channels of isolated High Voltage Analog-to-Digital (A/D) input functions
- 2 channels of ±10 V Digital-to-Analog (D/A) Output functions
- 8 channels of Thermocouple (TC) or Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD) measurement interface
- 5 channels of full-bridge Strain Gauge (SG) measurement
- 4 channels of transmission/gear box Chip Detection (CD) as well as a Fuzz Burn (FB) circuit interface
- 2 channels of LVDT-to-Digital linear displacement (position) measurement, including
- 2 channels of AC Reference Source output
- 2 channels of CAN bus communication with Flexible Data (FD) rate.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center