Please see NIU1A for new designs.
Configure with one I/O or communication function module—
A variety of modules to choose from
NAI’s NIU1 is a compact, nano-sized subsystem with an integrated power supply and one function module slot. Ideally suited for rugged military, industrial, and commercial applications, this small, low-power subsystem delivers off-the-shelf solutions that accelerate deployment of SWaP-optimized systems.
With the NIU1, preexisting, fully-tested functions are quickly and easily selected to meet system requirements. Each function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead. With the dual Gigabit (Gig-E) ports, I/O, communications, measurement, and simulation functions for data acquisition, distribution, and processing applications are easily integrated into a larger system without the need of costly updates. The continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT) capability provides online health and status monitoring by detecting and reporting on faults.
- 1 intelligent function module
- A variety of modules to choose from
- Dual 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet-to-Intelligent I/O interface and communication
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) support [IEEE 802.3at and 802.3af Powered Device (PD) application compliant]
- 3 mounting options
- 1.5" H x 1.6" D x 6.5" L
- 16 oz. (454 g.)
- +28 VDC input nominal (typical vehicle power w/ 18-36 VDC range)
- Continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT) per channel
- Software Support Kit (SSK) and drivers available
- Operating temperature: -40° C to +71° C, conduction-cooled