See CB-X for newest architecture.
CAN is a serial bus system with multi-master capabilities, that is, all CAN nodes are able to transmit data and several CAN nodes can request the bus simultaneously. The serial bus system with real time capabilities is the subject of the ISO 11898 International standard and covers the lowest two layers of the ISO/OSI reference model. The CANBus modules provide independent, isolated channels of CAN serial data bus links, conforming to the ISO 11898 International Standard.
- Independent, galvanically-isolated channels
- Implemented with Bosch FPGA core
- Addressing can be set to be Self-configurable, Non-configurable or Command configurable by the ECU
- CAN A & B supported; each channel is independently configurable
- Continuous Health Monitoring (BIT)